Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Want a bargain Australian Canakkale bayonet?

trajan

Ok, a further insight for you lovers of the pointy things to share with me into the trials and tribulations of being a bayonet collector in this part of the world... Those who have followed my previous posts will know that over here it really is a sellers market - and ridiculous asking prices are the norm. And so I give you the latest example - this real Australian Canakkale / Gallipoli bayonet (well, that's what the seller says!) can be yours right now for TL 90.00, a mere GBP 25 or so. Here's one of the photo's - for the rest see http://urun.gittigid...i-1907-60679006...

Trajan :huh:

post-69449-0-65875000-1341859496_thumb.j

And so I give you the latest example - this real Australian Canakkale / Gallipoli bayonet (well, that's what the seller says!)

No Trajan, there is a serious problem with that item - the description is all wrong, definitely a British bayonet not Australian (Sanderson by the looks) ... :whistle:

Cheers, S>S

...definitely a British bayonet not Australian...

Can't agree there. I think that long in advance of the introduction of the LR series I/II radiator grille some ozzies realised that if you flattened and thereby widened a P1907 blade you would have a suitable way of putting a few more shrimpies on a campfire, so developing the concept of the infamous barbie (as in grilling things - but I suppose the other version is just as infamous in certain quarters!). Anyway, here's the reverse ricasso, with some lovely markings you might enjoy - and yes, a SanderSON or maybe a WilkinSON!

Serefe!

Trajan

post-69449-0-97706900-1341934565_thumb.j

Yep, Sanderson for sure - I can tell by the fuller shape, etc (and circa 1915) - at least it hasn't got a clearance hole, which would really put a dent in their story.! :P

Cheers, S>S