Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lieut. Bishop Wilson

Koots

Hi Pals

I would like to ask your help please in researching the following officer. I was wondering if there is anything else known about him? Below is from a newspaper dated May 10th, 1917.

Mr W.R. Wilson received word on Tuesday that his son, Lieut. Bishop Wilson, had been wounded. Lieut. Wilson, who is connected with the flying corps, has been on the fighting front for the past two months and his daily routine was to make a 2 1/2 hour scouting trip over the enemy's lines. No particulars have yet been received.

Here's his attestation paper: http://data2.collectionscanada.ca/cef/gpc018/677813a.gif

Thanks and best regards

HQ7

HQ7

Lt B A Wilson was flying as observer in RE8 A3426 of No 59 Sqn, with Capt W W Leete as pilot, when attacked by enemy aircraft near Ficheux at 1400 on 7 May 1917. Both airmen were wounded in the action and were subsequently hospitalised.

A victory was credited to Vzfw Carl Menckhoff of Jasta 3; it was the 3rd of his eventual 39. On 25 July 1918 Oblt Menckhoff, then in Jasta 72, was brought down and taken PoW by 1Lt W L Avery of the 95th Aero Sqn USAS.

I hope this helps.

Gareth

Hi Dolphin

That's Great, thanks very much for the information! More than what I'd hoped for.

Best regards

HQ7