Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

canadian soldier medal research

pete franklin

Hi

I am researching a canadian solider for a friend and would like to find out what medals he might have been entilted to.

His name was Ekeziel Harnish from the 25th Bn cef.

He was KIA on 15/8/17 at the start of the battle for Hill 70.

If anyone can put me in the right direction it would very helpful

Thanks

Pete

Thankyou for the swift reply i will check it out and pass on the information

Cheers

Pete

Hi Pete. Likely Harnish would have received the Victory and British War service medals only. His mother or closest female relative would have received the standard Memorial Cross, photos of which appear on the Canadian Virtual War Memorial: http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/collections/virtualmem/Detail/562356

Thanks chaps, i managed to find an actual picture of his memorial cross on the website mentioned by ss002d6252. Do you think this was supplied by a relative of his

Pete

Hello Pete, the photos of his memorial cross you spoke of....if these are the photos on the Canadian Virtual Memorial, I would not think they were sent by a family member. Looking at the first photo, it has the eBay style photo marking on the right lower corner. Since that photo is of the Obverse of the cross and the box, it is possible the photo is just a representation of his cross. However I do not see that watermark on the second image. showing the naming.