Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Vickers MG Collection on Display

Richard Fisher

Following on from very successfully displaying the collection last October/November, I have decided to hold an open weekend this summer where I will be getting all of the collection out on display.

If anybody is in the Swindon area on the weekend of the 11th/12th August, please feel free to get in touch and come down to have a look around.

Photos of previous displays can be found at:

www.vickersmachinegun.org.uk/displays.htm

This will be a combination of all those previously and a lot larger as it will be an opportunity to put it outside in a number of large marquees rather than stuck in rooms.

Please email me or message me on here and I will provide more details.

Regards

Richard

Richard, what an absolutely fantastic idea - is the Limbered wagon an original or replica? Looks absolutely superb either way!

It's an original, albeit heavily restored a few years ago. It's only the hind portion and I'm currently costing up the construction of a replica fore portion to accompany it (and restore the hind portion again).

If you want to come down, you'll be welcome.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Richard - already booked for that weekend i'm afraid, if i'm available then i'll be at the Gallipoli Association's day

Would appreciate detail of location and timings please.

Old Tom

A great idea, but I am at the Gallipoli conference that day as well. Fancy bringing some of your stuff up to Birmingham on that Saturday?

Thank you for the interest. I'm certainly happy to bring items along to any future displays, as I have for other organisations previously. I can't that day as a number of Korean War and National Service Veterans will be attending the Vickers display and they're all booked in.

Old Tom, I've sent you a message.

Regards

Richard