Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Forty Dollars to Ship One Prussian Shoulderboard?!?!

ph0ebus

Hi all,

Is it just me or does $42.00 to ship one felt shoulderboard seem somewhat exorbitant?

YIKES

I mean, I know the shulterklappe has some condition issues, and it is one of a pair, so I get the low opening bid, but why charge such shipping fees?

:angry2:

-Daniel

John: :thumbsup:

There's also something funky going on with this auction. If you look at the same auction on eBay.de the shipping is MUCH more reasonable (6,90 euro), than if you look at it via eBay.com.

Still, even with the lesss inane shipping, I can't get past the moth holes.

Daniel

Often the displayed shipping is the "standard" ebay charge for international transit, registered with signature. Sometimes it is not the sellers fault, it's done by ebay.

If you want to bid on the item, you should contact the seller and ask them for a quote for actual shipping to your destination. You might just be pleasantly surprised.

Cheers, S>S

or utterly shocked, last time I tried that S>S I was told by a seller it was $20 (about average). After winning the bayonet the seller spun me some dodgy story that it had to be shipped by UPS/Fedex and would cost over $120. I have had gun stocks and bayonets from the US so I knew that was a lie. I refused and the seller told they couldn't send it anyway as they needed an export permit.

Well, if anyone ever comes across a FAR 47 schulterklappe that does not have moth holes and is not a ripoff, please PM me...I want one!

:w00t:

Daniel

Often the displayed shipping is the "standard" ebay charge for international transit, registered with signature. Sometimes it is not the sellers fault, it's done by ebay.

If you want to bid on the item, you should contact the seller and ask them for a quote for actual shipping to your destination. You might just be pleasantly surprised.

Cheers, S>S

Not here: the national shipping of 6,90€ is a rip-off as well. this is no lapse this is done on purpose to add to his sales price and fleece you. For my own pleasure, I contactacted the seller and asked him why he violates ebay.de rules........

Daniel, I got an answer and he is very collaborative and has lowered the shipping from 6,90€ to 2€or national mail. Now I asked him about the actual cost to the USA. Are you still interested in the shipping and handling cost?

the seller seems to play fair now: at the bottom of the ebay page he added the reduced postage (as he cannot change it in the offer since there are bidders already). for USA he wrote me a letter would make it to 1,45€, or as he advised, Daniel you should contact him directly. He will give you the lowest actual shipping costs.

@Daniel: moth holes for actually 2,50€ are not too bad.......

the seller seems to play fair now: at the bottom of the ebay page he added the reduced postage (as he cannot change it in the offer since there are bidders already). for USA he wrote me a letter would make it to 1,45€, or as he advised, Daniel you should contact him directly. He will give you the lowest actual shipping costs.

@Daniel: moth holes for actually 2,50€ are not too bad.......

Well done, egbert!

I'll reach out to them and, assuming he has not read this thread :whistle: ...I'l consider a low bid. These do come up every now and again, so if I don't get it, I'll just bid on the next one.

Daniel

Well done Egbert! Would just add that I no longer order things from some suppliers because of the extortionate postal rates they slap on - in one case recently the postage demanded from the US of A was more than the cost of the three items I wanted!

Trajan

Are you getting some sort of Finder's Fee? :)

-Daniel

I can definitely assure you -no ! I just want an internet friend to be happy with an FAR 47 memorabilia B)

I can definitely assure you -no ! I just want an internet friend to be happy with an FAR 47 memorabilia B)

I really do appreciate it!

-Daniel

Well, the winner paid EUR 33,07 for it. I would not have paid that, even with the better shipping rate!

-Daniel

Well, the winner paid EUR 33,07 for it. I would not have paid that, even with the better shipping rate!

-Daniel

Daniel -FAR 47 is priceless n'est-ce pas?

• 2 months later...