Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pair of Officers Boots

Gunner Bailey

I just though the forum might be interested to see some boots I bought yesterday. These were given, with an original WW1 officer's uniform, to a fancy dress shop 20 years ago. The uniform eventually became very tatty and was disposed of and the boots have lingered in a storeroom for many years. The officer who donated them was friend of the family who were opening the shop and wanted to help them out. The shop is now closing and I was able to buy some military stock from them.

The boots are very high quality. There is no makers mark. They are size seven. It never ceases to amaze what is still out there.

John

post-8629-0-84657700-1337420591_thumb.jp

Nice find John. I dont have much of an interest in uniform, but even I would have bought them!! Wonder if my Nike trainers will still be around in 100 years? Regards Sean

HI Sean. I think I'd bet the boots against the Nike's anyday. These boots are in very good condition but are very stiff. I think I'll give them a coat of neutral colour leather food to see what happens. Here's a photo of the insides.

John

post-8629-0-25644300-1337460189_thumb.jp