Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

What happened to the Nery 13 pounder after 1914?

Greg

Dear All,

Reading though the interesting thread on the 13 Pounder I got to thinking . The illustration of the Nery gun shows damaged wheels. Was the gun salvaged and stored in 1914 or was it repaired and brought back into service?

Regards

Greg

IWM have a very good page on the gun and its limber. Both of which they have on display.After the action the guns were taken to ordanace workshops at St Nazaire.The gun on display took a hit to the barrel at the muzzle i am assuming this wouuld have only been repairable only by replacement. I am unable to link to the page.john

The illustration of the Nery gun shows damaged wheels. Was the gun salvaged and stored in 1914 or was it repaired and brought back into service?

Regards

Greg

Greg,

There is a thread just started on May 1, under the heading " RHA 13 pounder " ( in the Arms forum ), which has lots of information and photographs on the 13 pounder, including photographs of the actual Nery 13 pounder on display at the IWM.

Regards,

LF

Not really relevant but I seem to recall that in the1960s or so there was some problem in finding a contactor to service/repair the gun and carriage wheels of the King's Troop 13 prs. I think the successors to the Ordnance workshops had lost the expertise.

Old Tom