Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great Grandfathers Medals

Lewis

Hi Ive been trying to find medals belonging to my great grandfather, When he passed away my grandad sorted out his belonging's, but he never found his medals. ive always been told he was MID but not during the war, it was when he was out in quetta (i know this because i have his bible which says he was in the 1st Bn Royal Warwickshire Regiment and has quetta written on the bible and on postcards) i would love to know if this was true and wether he earnt any medals during his time in quetta, i have located his MIC from WW1 and it has no mention, i would love to have his medals, it would mean allot but i know its practically impossible but i like the impossible! :)

Its not letting me upload my picture at the moment so ill write down his infomation.

Quetta-

George Alfred Turner

1st Bn Royal Warwickshire Regiment No.7370 (i have a picture of him which looks like he is cutting hair)

WW1-

Corporal George Turner.

He was in two Regiments according to his medal card.

1st one written-- Oxf & Bucs. L.I -- No.25220

2nd One Written -- Worc . R. --No.44317

He was also given a silver war badge No. PWB List L/A//1133

If anyone has any info or medals would be greatly appreciated (will pay for medals)

The medals he was given were BWM and Victory Medal.

Matt Lewis.

post-90124-0-27160200-1336995530_thumb.j

• Admin

Hi Matt

I suggest you join this forum, the members there may be able to help you in your quest

http://www.britishmedalforum.com/

Michelle

There is also a certain online auction site that is worth watching. I keep an eye on it every week or so - just in case.

Try starting a thread mentioning the Warwick's as we may have experts. Worth trying the regimental museum as well - for his details.

Steve M