Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Miniature Medal trio Set

Guest gunner perrott

Guest gunner perrott

Hi,

I have a trio miniature set at home including....

British medal, victory medal and a military cross.

My mother always thought they were 'Uncle charlies' medals, but he was not high enough rank to get the MC and I also dont think he even served in the great war. (he was too young I think and I have a GSM for him in Kurdistan with the Cameronians in 1925)

Does this seem an odd trio to those in the know? I dont know who they belong to, but am I right in thinking that if you recieved an MC then you would most likely have a few others to.

I am guessing that they may have been a miniature set for someone and they mistakenly got a cross instead of a MM.

Yours confused, I think.

Leigh

Were WO's awarded the MC? I thought they would have recieved the MM?

This chap was only a Lance Corporal so it must be someone else. Who knows where they came from.

Regards

Leigh.

Ps I changed my login name.

It's not that unusual to come across a set of medals due to a soldier etc, that includes an "odd" medal. I'm currently researching a Corporal in the RAF (WW2) that has a military MBE, DFC, 39/45 Star, Atlantic Star + ACE clasp, Africa Star + N Africa 42/43 clasp, Italy Star, Defence & War Medals.

As far as I've been able to ascertain, he did not receive the DFC (wrong rank for a start), and as groundcrew shouldn't have received the ACE clasp. The MBE is definately his though, as I've got the citation.

Stranger things have happened.

Forgot to mention.... these are all full size, but the DFC is a EiiR copy on original ribbon. Pity really :ph34r:

Les.