Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MIC Interpretation

Rob Bulloch

Greeting to the Forum. I have just downloaded my very first MIC and I am over the moon about it, I am turning into a techno freak at the age of 60.

the soldier I enquired about was a namesake of mine Pte James. W. Bulloch 148579 Labour Corp, there is no qualifying date or theatre of war will this mean he was posted in the UK. My thanks in advance for any help with this.

Cheers Rob.B

Greeting to the Forum. I have just downloaded my very first MIC and I am over the moon about it, I am turning into a techno freak at the age of 60.

the soldier I enquired about was a namesake of mine Pte James. W. Bulloch 148579 Labour Corp, there is no qualifying date or theatre of war will this mean he was posted in the UK. My thanks in advance for any help with this.

Cheers Rob.B

Presumably it is a BWM/AVM Pair MiC,in which case rarely is an Embarkation Date/ Date of Entry Therein,Date;or Theatre; shown on the Cards,{Usually only on Trio & Officer Pairs is this information given}to have qualified for the Medals He would have to have left his Home Country for Overseas Service.I hope this helps.Regards Roger. :)

Thanks for the response and for the information regarding Pte Bulloch, this is a great help to me further research will get me more information if it still exists.

Thanks again Roger.

Cheers Rob. B.

Guest Ian Bowbrick

Rob,

The Labour Corps number 148579, makes your namesake an original member of the Labour Corps when it was formed and his unit is traceable. I have not got my list me (the 6th Labour Bn rings bells??). I will need to consult my list but as I am not working in the UK at the moment, it will be later this week.

Ian

Ian.

Thanks very much for the response to my posting, the information on Pte Bulloch would be "brilliant" to say the least I will look forward to hearing from you.

Once again thanks Roger and Ian.

Cheers to the Forum Rob. :D

Guest Ian Bowbrick

Rob,

As you are a mate, I have just phoned Mrs B at the ranch to look up my papers.

148579 would have placed your namesake in the 4th Labour Battalion. This was formed from the 10th Infantry Works Coy, Royal Scots Fusiliers. The 4th labour Labour Battalion was a relatively shortlived unit.

Ian :)

Rob,

Mrs B has let Ian down!

The 4th Battalion was formed from the 10th (Works) Battalion Royal Scots Fusiliers not the 10th InfantryWorks Company.

As he appears to have been sent to a LC unit overseas I would suggest it was one of the Area Employment Companies - possibly 263 or 744.

Unfortunately the records about which Company men were sent to when the 4th Battalion was disbanded were lost in the bombing of 1940 so mine is a "guess" based on other men with similar numbers.

Roger, Ian and Ivor.

My sincere thanks on the information you all supplied, the RSF connection it brilliant, this could make this soldier a relative of mine but it is early days yet, I will keep you all posted on the outcome of my research, it may of course be a bit hard to look up this soldier as the records as Ivor said were all destroyed during WW2 but!! "you never know in this game do you"

Thanks Again Yours Aye Rob.

Guest Ian Bowbrick
Mrs B has let Ian down!

Ivor - Indeed. I gave her a stiff talking to when I got home..............my black eye should heal soon. :lol:

Ian