Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

31st Division Honour Badges

Grandpacarr

I have a question that I hope members may just be able to help me with regarding the 31st division honour badges. As we know the 31st division consisted of mainly regiments from the East Riding,West Riding`s of Yorkshire with a few other regiments thrown in IE Yorks & Lancs

Durham Light Infantry etc etc Now with regards the Honour Badge all the ones I have either seen for sale or the ones I own and the badges friends own, The stem of the Red Rose crosses over the stem of the White Rose therefore putting the Red Rose on top so to speak

Was there a different version of this badge available for Yorkshiremen I E with the White Rose stem crossing over the stem of the Red Rose. Being a Yorkshireman I would be really peed off if they gave me a badge with the Lancy emblem on top of my one. I enclose a scan of the two honour

badges I own. Regards Grandpacarr.

post-55186-0-46616800-1333037561.jpg

Hiya

If the honour badge follows the same pattern as the divisional sign, then in the case of lancastrian units and the div artillery the red rose overlapped the white and for yorkshire units and other div troops the white rose overlapped the red

best regards

kendo