Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Badge

Marco

Below the badge from a well known soldier that greated you in the National Army museum London. Ican't find the badge however in 'Badges of the British Army'. Anybody know what it is?

TIA!

Regards,

Marco

post-15-0-84810300-1332689847.jpg

North Staffs. The scroll at the bottom is hiding behind the chin strap.

... Below the badge...

Shock, horror, that you didn't recognise a Staffordshire knot! BUT you are forgiven living in the land that gave us all wonderful grolsch beer, genever, rookwurst, and that song:

'Ik zag een muis - waar?/ Daar op de trap/ Waar op de trap ? Nou daar/Een kleine muis op klompen/Nee 't is geen grap/ 't Ging van klip klippedieklap op de trap/ Oh, ja'

:thumbsup:

Trajan

Trajan, in my defence, I did try to look it up. But sitting in my Guinness T-shirt and drinking my 3rd double Jameson for today I think I know where I went wrong :rolleyes: (no Grolsh in this house).

In the picture below - especially for you - pea soup with rookworst. A 2 Michelin star version that is. The pea soup is in the 'bitterbal' and the rookworst is in the foam.

Regards,

Marco

post-15-0-09117100-1332693459.jpg

... In the picture below - especially for you - pea soup with rookworst. A 2 Michelin star version that is. The pea soup is in the 'bitterbal' and the rookworst is in the foam.

Ye Gods! That must cost a fortune! As in: "Nouvelle cuisine = pay even more for even less"!!!! :devilgrin: Hmmm...

And that poor harmless and horribly abused rookwurst! :wacko: So, yes the windmill was clearly the better choice for the mouse to live it... Especially as one suspects that clogs are not welcome at that particular 2* place either!

Trajan