Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RND shoulder titles

john gregory

Are these shoulder titles that rare ? sold on Ebay, Benbow £360, Collingwood £287 and a Hawke cap badge £161.

I know that they are scarce but I would not have put them into the rare category--others it would appear have different ideas!! WOW!!!

Are these shoulder titles that rare ? sold on Ebay, Benbow £360, Collingwood £287 and a Hawke cap badge £161.

Hi John

I would not pay that amount for them, but then, I suppose others would, then of cause we will start another, are they genuine or reproduction debate :ph34r: .

Regards.

Gerwyn

Two more cap badges sold, Nelson £289, Drake £215.99. I think the days of having fun going to the fairs looking for that elusive badge are now gone.

I'll have to look out that bucket full, which is somewhere in the garden shed--or perhaps they went to the tip last year :angry2:

Like I said in another post on this very subject, and it was taken wrongly, I could have picked them up for £1. 70, in 1995, can any one remember the 50th Aniversary of the ending of WW2, in Southsea, and no, has I have stated, I do not want to start another cap badge, genuine/reproduction war :ph34r: .

Now do any of you fine gentlemen know where I can get my hands on a repro set of RND brass shoulder titles?

I have a RND event later this year and would like to have a few pairs

Cheers

Dickie

Try ebay :thumbsup:

Yep...done that......just wanted to know if there's any suppliers out in the big wide world that might have them in stock....

Yep...done that......just wanted to know if there's any suppliers out in the big wide world that might have them in stock....

I'm afraid that I cannot help any further. Perhaps if you post on the British Badge Forum-- you may get some advice or leads?

Good Luck,

Robert

Now do any of you fine gentlemen know where I can get my hands on a repro set of RND brass shoulder titles?

I knew there was a seller of repro's somewhere on Ebay Dickie - it only took me an hour to find them because the idiot seller cannot spell "Naval" correctly... <_<

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW1-THE-ROYAL-NAVEL-DIVISION-SHOULDER-TITLE-BRASS-METAL-/310338912745?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item4841a401e9

Hawke is probably the 'easiest' one to get hold of, it certainly turns up a lot more frequently than the others but saying that three Drake's in the last couple of months is a cause for concern. I certainly wouldn't pay silly money for these, they were reproduced years and years ago, even with Gaunt plates and I think the shoulder titles have now become a major part of the reproduction market.

I knew there was a seller of repro's somewhere on Ebay Dickie - it only took me an hour to find them because the idiot seller cannot spell "Naval" correctly...

Cheers Andrew, had a look, he's only got one left.......

If you think original RND shoulder titles are scarce, try collecting the cap tallies of the original RND Battalions . . !

If you think original RND shoulder titles are scarce, try collecting the cap tallies of the original RND Battalions . . !

You can't use the word, original RND, where did you get this information from :o;)

When I said "original RND" I refered to the eight battalions of the Royal Naval Division, Collingwood and Benbow only had cap tallies and not cap badges which were issued after they were disbanded.

Cheers Andrew, had a look, he's only got one left.......

Given he's apparently sold at least 12 others, I suspect it wouldn't take much encouragement for him to sort out another bunch :thumbsup:

Given he's apparently sold at least 12 others, I suspect it wouldn't take much encouragement for him to sort out another bunch :thumbsup:

I've Pinging him an e-mail....not hearded back yet...will nudge him again until I receive a reply

"Now do any of you fine gentlemen know where I can get my hands on a repro set of RND brass shoulder titles?

Cheers

Dickie"

Hi Dickie,

We had the whole lot done for the Khaki Chums RND 1917 Tour a few years ago (along with the cloth insignia too) so, if you can't find any others, I can lend you some.

But you can't have any of these! They were all brought back from Gallipoli by an RND Engineer...

Cheers,

Taff

post-1565-0-56892100-1332804618.jpg

"Now do any of you fine gentlemen know where I can get my hands on a repro set of RND brass shoulder titles?

Cheers

Dickie"

Hi Dickie,

We had the whole lot done for the Khaki Chums RND 1917 Tour a few years ago (along with the cloth insignia too) so, if you can't find any others, I can lend you some.

But you can't have any of these! They were all brought back from Gallipoli by an RND Engineer...

Cheers,

Taff

Taff

I knew you would save the day....I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Dickie