Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

One to make you weep...

trajan

Well, as some of you will know, I do see some rather strange apologies for bayonets at sales and on the internet over here... I saw this one in the flesh a couple of months ago,and now it is on the internet for a mere TL 75 - about EU 30 or so.... Don't look if you have a sensitive disposition...:blink:

Trajan

post-69449-0-78531900-1331913395.jpg

What's being said about them in the advert?

What's being said about them in the advert?

Ok, Granville, you ready for this? This is listed as:'ANTİKA TÜFEK SÜNGÜSÜ. KABZA AHŞABI SONRADAN YAPILMIŞTIR. BUNUN DIŞINDA EKSİĞİ YOKTUR. OLDUKÇA ESKİ BİR ÜRÜNDÜR.ÇELİK AKSAMI ZAMANLA KARINCALANMIŞTIR. KOLEKSİYONLUK ORİJİNAL BİR ESERDİR.'

Which as my dear Other Half explains comes out broadly as -

'Antique rifle bayonet. Wooden handle has been replaced later. Everything is complete except for that. It is a quite old piece The iron parts are riddled by time. This is an original collector's piece'.

'Nuff said?!!! After all, this is a KOLEKSİYONLUK ORİJİNAL BİR ESERDİR - a [real] collector's original piece! BUY NOW before it is sold...:wacko:

Trajan

Christ........I've restored some bayonets in my life....but I think this one might take a little longer ....lol

Ouch, I'll pass thanks, there is used and seen service and then there is just plain abused.

If it had original grips and I saw it going cheap at a boot sale, I'd of had a go just to pass the time (couldn't of ruined it)

Gaz

Unusual to see one in relic condition without it having passed through the intervening stage of decades of burial in the ground ... :P

Ok, Granville, you ready for this? This is listed as:'ANTİKA TÜFEK SÜNGÜSÜ. KABZA AHŞABI SONRADAN YAPILMIŞTIR. BUNUN DIŞINDA EKSİĞİ YOKTUR. OLDUKÇA ESKİ BİR ÜRÜNDÜR.ÇELİK AKSAMI ZAMANLA KARINCALANMIŞTIR. KOLEKSİYONLUK ORİJİNAL BİR ESERDİR.'

Thats surprising, VERY surprising ... has to be an amateur seller, definitely underselling his rare and valuable article ...

An ANTIKA SUNGUSU being sold in Turkey and WHAT.?? NO mention of being dug from the hillsides of GELIBOLU.!!! :lol:

Cheers, S>S

Might I be so bold as to offer an alternative description? How about Made in India Circa 2-3 weeks ago?

Might I be so bold as to offer an alternative description? How about Made in India Circa 2-3 weeks ago?

I think what we have here is a dog show, whatever the pedigree of the breed... :devilgrin:

Regards,

MikB

I quite like the phrase "riddled by time"! Rather poetic...

It looks like the Keith Richards of bayonets.

Keith Richards of boyonets LMAO I love that comment. Describes this thing perfectly. I'm still laughing at your description. Many thanks for the uplift today, I really needed it. Now back to deflooding the basement at my father house :(

• 2 weeks later...
Christ........I've restored some bayonets in my life....but I think this one might take a little longer ....lol

Indeed! And jscott's 'Keith Richards of boyonets' still has me smiling - even giggling on occasion! As does Mikb's 'I think what we have here is a dog show, whatever the pedigree of the breed'.

So, I thought for you all I'd put this rather rare (narrow fuller version) of an erstaz up for you enjoyment / nightnmare tonight, with the warning to Dickie that, yes, its seems that some are really beyond redemption... AND it's yours for ONLY USD 35!

Trajan

post-69449-0-71107300-1333122061.jpg

Aleck! Good to see you back! That one beats my first offer by a long shot! Love the description - 'Condition: Used, an item that has been used previously'... Seriously ABused IMHO!

Trajan

... Here is another one for Dickie to work on ... might even be in the neighbourhood. What price RUST.!!

Paah! That's a mere piffle compared to what I have to deal with!

Trajan

Looking at the original pictures, I am amazed how how poorly those female snipers looked after their kit.

...I am amazed how how poorly those female snipers looked after their kit.

Indeed, indeed! My Turkish wife won't even let me near the special pans she uses for her specialties (Erzincan manti tonight! - ravioli with a yogurt-based hot sauce!). Perhaps, though, in her case, a matter of tempus fugit ?

Here is another one for Dickie to work on ... might even be in the neighbourhood. What price RUST.!! :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW1-BRITISH-ARMY-1907-BAYONET-SMLE-HOOK-QUILLON

Cheers, S>S

Yep, bring it on.....a nice one to get my teeth stuck into......I've put it in my 'watch list'......

Almost the same condition as a MGC marked 07 pattern one I have, which has been used as a fire poker.......