Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Grandfathers uniform

Scaramouche180

Sorry folks,Had probs uploading the pic.I don't know when this pic was taken,but he was a regular soldier in 1907 when he was married,can anyone tell which regiment from the photo?thanks

post-88503-0-81230200-1331738268.jpg

• Admin

Not a lot to go on, I can't make out the shoulder titles, but ?Artillery with good service stripes. If you add his name it will help.

Michelle

Hi

He's wearing three cheverons ( good conduct badges ) indicating over twelve years service, and he is wearing spurs, link to horse units, like Michelle,not much more to go on. ( If I had to say ), I would go with Michelle, Royal Artillery.

Regards.

Gerwyn

Guest Forgetful

Not a lot to go on, I can't make out the shoulder titles, but ?Artillery with good service stripes. If you add his name it will help.

Michelle

Hi, Michelle, It is also my Grandfather, I am the cousin of the person who put it on, He was known as Arthur Cooper, and we were told his middle name was Richard, but Richard does not appear on his wedding cert. or the 1911 census, when for a brief while he was a miner, he then went off to WW1. In 1908 when their first child was born he was still a soldier and my Gran and son were living Gorseinon, Cardiff, Wales, so assume he was stationed there for a while, any help very much appreciated.

• Admin

There are a fair few Arthur Coopers on the medal index cards on Ancestry; I haven't looked for service papers yet. There are a handful or Arthur R Coopers but none of the cards seem to have an address on the back.

Michelle