Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help with MIC

Terry

I just picked up via ebay an interesting group of four to a Lieut. William Pickup, ex-Canadian Postal Corps and then Tank Corps. One star was apparently issued by Canada, the other by the UK.I wonder if any of the pals might be able to decipher the various entries on the MIC?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on research into his service with the Tank Corps?

Cheers,

Terry

post-1033-0-31894100-1330879066.jpg

Duplicate Star issued off Canadian Supplementary(?) Roll 12/873 returned by Canadian Authorities 28/11/21

Sam

Hi,

Just to let you know because he was a Lieutenant then his British Army Officer Papers would definately have survived and are available at the National Archives in Kew. I think you can either go there and see them yourself or you can order online to get copies done for you.

Hope this helps,

TParker96

Thanks for your comments, guys. I jumped at the chance to own a Canadian Postal Corps group - only 352 all ranks in the war apparently. Many served only in the UK, so the number of trios must be tiny! The discovery of his transfer to the Tank Corps as an officer has just added an extra dimension to the story.

Cheers,

Terry