Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

THANKYOU

NIGEL

In January i think it was, i asked for a photo of my great great grandads grave in Kenya from the CWGC. I made a donation which they returned as they didnt accept cheques in euros, and i never send cash because of my general distrust of people ( a fault of mine ) i never expected to here from them again and i have tried endless ways to get a photo, even contacting people who live in Kenya to go to the nearby cemetry for me, no luck there !!

Today out of the blue, 2 photos arrived in the post from the CWGC and i couldnt believe it. So from one really happy man at the moment who is the first member of his family to ever see Harry Birds grave, i want to say a-----------------------

BIG THANKYOU TO THE CWGC AND ALL THE STAFF, AND WHOEVER TOOK TIME OUT TO TAKE THESE PHOTO'S FOR ME.

We now have got hold of a stirling cheque book so we will now send them a cheque they can accept.

NIGEL

Nigel

Congratulations,it's been a long wait, but they came through in the end.

I doubt they would ever have forgotten your request,i suppose in this case though it's the remoteness of the location of Harry's grave that is the reason for the length of time it's taken.

Any chance you'll be dropping me a copy by e-mail ??.

Stephen

DUNNO DAVE i dont really care who did do it i just wish i could thank him cause i have been after this for ages. but what got me the people of Kenya, when i offered the 3 or 4 of them money to take a photo ---nothing yet at the same time they were saying they were poor ----perhaps i am missing something