Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Order of Battle of Divisions Parts 1-4

Johno7439

Folks - As i am currently "Left out of Battle", and off work for a while, I spent some hard earned pennies on Buying alll four parts of Order Of Battle Of Divisions. If any one wants some general information looked up, I would be more than happy to.

Regards

Ewan

hi ewan, yes please!

i'm trying to find dates, locations and/or actions for 41st Division - in particular, anything relating to 189th (Hackney) Brigade RFA and 41st Divisional Ammunition Column.

would be grateful for any assistance!

Pegasus - check your post in units and formations! If you want anything more, let me know.

Hi Ewan,

I am afraid i am not sure what information you have other than the information on the "Long Long Trail". I am particularly interested in the 44th brigade of the 15th Scottish div., as my Grandfather was with them from the fall of 1915 until he lost his arm at 3rd Ypres. He was with the 8th Seaforths. Do you have more info. than that of the LLT?

Thanks

Hazel C.

Folks - As i am currently "Left out of Battle", and off work for a while, I spent some hard earned pennies on Buying alll four parts of Order Of Battle Of Divisions. If any one wants some general information looked up, I would be more than happy to.

Regards

Ewan

Hazel - The LLT, has pretty much the same info as The Order of Battle book. I had a trail around the National Archives for you, but I can't seem to find any unit or war diaries for either 8th Seaforths, 44 Brigade or 15th Divison. Perhaps a much wiser mind than mine has the info buried away somewhere on here. Sorry I couldn't be of much help:(

Ewan

Hazel, Must be my day for being a bit slow and very dim-witted. Rechecked the National Archives and lo and behold I have found the reference for the War Diary of 44th Brigade -8th Seaforth Highlanders. The two references you need are: WO95/1939 and WO95/1940. Please accept the apologies of a bumbling fool who clearly has not drank enough coffee!

Thankyou so much Ewan!

H.C.

Hazel, Must be my day for being a bit slow and very dim-witted. Rechecked the National Archives and lo and behold I have found the reference for the War Diary of 44th Brigade -8th Seaforth Highlanders. The two references you need are: WO95/1939 and WO95/1940. Please accept the apologies of a bumbling fool who clearly has not drank enough coffee!