Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

41 DIVISION

KENDO

The 41 Division patches are described asbeing a circle, shield, triangle and what can be described as an arc with an inverted triangle attached to the bottom. Can anybody tell me what form the 'Shield' shape is

Best regards

KENDO

The 41 Division patches are described asbeing a circle, shield, triangle and what can be described as an arc with an inverted triangle attached to the bottom. Can anybody tell me what form the 'Shield' shape is

Best regards

KENDO

Kendo,

Could this be your 41 Division ?

" The British 41st Division is a New Army division formed in September 1915 as part of the K5 Army. The division landed in France in May 1916 and spent the duration of the First World War in action on the Western Front. "

post-63666-0-80048400-1328562391.jpg

Kendo,

Could this be your 41 Division ?

" The British 41st Division is a New Army division formed in September 1915 as part of the K5 Army. The division landed in France in May 1916 and spent the duration of the First World War in action on the Western Front. "

Hi Lancashire Fusilier

The sign you have attached is the 41 Divisional sign. The 3 brigades were identied by colour - 122 bde green, 123 bde red and 124 bde yellow. The four battalions in each bde were identified by shape - circle, shield, triangle and an arc with a inverted triangle attached to the bottom. It was the shape of the shield i wanted to know.

Best regards

KENDO