Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Medals to East Anglian Regiments

Steelback5

Hi all, as an ex serving member of The Royal Anglian Regiment I have started collecting medals to its former regts - Bedford's, Essex, Norfolk's, Suffolk's, Linc's, Northamptonshire's, Cambridgeshire's, Leicestershire's, Hert's. Here is my collection so far I hope you approve.

6790014305_b4305af8fe_b.jpg

Welcome to the Forum, Steelback.

Excellent name! (No prizes for guessing my speciality)

Whilst I am not a medal collector per se, I am more than happy to help others with any research into the Northamptons, so if you need any info, just ask. My interest also crosses over into most of the other East Anglian Regiments as well, though they are more than covered by others on the Forum.

Steve.

Hi Steve thanks very much for the offer of info - I may well take it up some time - spent many a good night in the Sgts Mess at Peterborough TA centre back in the late 80's early 90's

Cheers

Kev

Welcome to the Forum, Steelback.

Excellent name! (No prizes for guessing my speciality)

Whilst I am not a medal collector per se, I am more than happy to help others with any research into the Northamptons, so if you need any info, just ask. My interest also crosses over into most of the other East Anglian Regiments as well, though they are more than covered by others on the Forum.

Steve.

Closer images :

BEDFORDSHIRE REGT

6835725439_11c433080b_b.jpg

ESSEX REGT

6835713341_36af1da529_b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
:thumbsup: Nice few Bedfords in there I see, both Old Contemptibles and New Army - good man yourself!

Nice collection Steelback, any chance of a close up on the Herts Regt ones? I have an interest with the Herts and any help required i'll do my best! :thumbsup:

Hi Danny - Many thanks for the offer, unfortunately at the moment I have only one Victory medal in my collection at the moment to 1504 Pte A Faulkner,unfortunately his medal index card has not survived. Hert's Regt ones come up very rarely. I have attached an image of his medal and also a Hert's Regt cap badge - would you know if this badge is genuine at all ?

6806256966_68ca77d23a_b.jpg6952354113_72e8c22d0b_b.jpg

Nice collection Steelback, any chance of a close up on the Herts Regt ones? I have an interest with the Herts and any help required i'll do my best! :thumbsup:

Many thanks Steve - Love your Bedford's website by the way - makes me very nostalgic as an old Lutonian, some great images on there. thumbsup.png My Gt grandfather was killed in action in Gallipoli with the 5th. I have carried on the tradition by serving with The Royal Anglian Regiment for 12 years smile.gif

:thumbsup: Nice few Bedfords in there I see, both Old Contemptibles and New Army - good man yourself!

Private Faulkners medal card is available. He was Alfred H Faulkner who served with the Hertfordshire Regiment No. 1507 and the Royal Warwickshire Regiment with numbers 20817 and 268547. No 1914-15 Star shown.

Steve.

Thanks Steve - could you confirm that his regt no was 1507 as his medal is clearly stamped 1504 wacko.gif?

Private Faulkners medal card is available. He was Alfred H Faulkner who served with the Hertfordshire Regiment No. 1507 and the Royal Warwickshire Regiment with numbers 20817 and 268547. No 1914-15 Star shown.

Steve.

Apologies, c**k up by me. The card does say 1504. That was my error.

Steve.

Thanks Steve - have now found it and printed it off thumbsup.png

Apologies, c**k up by me. The card does say 1504. That was my error.

Steve.