Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

GrandDad's Uniform

TomcatPC

Hello

Here is my Grand Dad's Dress Blues from his time in the U.S. Navy in the Great War. His name was Clemence Dominic Koselke, born in 1895, died in 1963. He Served from Dec. 1917 to Aug. 1919. He went to Boot Camp at Great Lakes, Ill., ironically my Dad would go to Boot Camp there in 1943, then yours truly as well in 1989. His Service Number was 1030609, and was posted to the USS Juana Mercedes and was a Fireman. The wire hanger has been changed to a plastic hanger, so this will not get damaged anymore.

Thanks

Mark

DSCN1862.jpg

DSCN1864.jpg

And his name stencil.

DSCN1863.jpg

Looks great! Nice to see it has stayed in the family!

Hello

Here is my Grand Dad's Dress Blues from his time in the U.S. Navy in the Great War. His name was Clemence Dominic Koselke, born in 1895, died in 1963. He Served from Dec. 1917 to Aug. 1919. He went to Boot Camp at Great Lakes, Ill.

I wonder if he was one of the participants in this? Done at the Great Lakes Camp in 1917

post-14525-0-63824700-1327196977.jpg

Chris

Hello

Odds are he is not in that photo. From the information I have, he was in Boot Camp at Great Lakes in Dec. 1917, so odds are not likely. The weird thing, all in all this jumper does not differ all that much to the Dress Blue Jumper I was issued in the Summer of 1989.

Mark