Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pattern-1907 Bayonet

TomcatPC

Hello

Here is my 1917 Sanderson Pattern-1907 Bayonet. The date marking is 7-17 and very lightly stamped. I got this a couple years back for fairly cheap. The grip scales are Australian WWII Replacements (SLAZ 42 Marked), the scabbard is also incorrect, as it is a WWII Australian made version (it was bought separately), also the Pattern-1908 Bayonet Frog is a recent reproduction. I'm hoping to find a correct scabbard one of these days.

Thanks

Mark

DSCN2577.jpg

Attempt at a photo of the markings, which turned out bad.

DSCN2579.jpg

The other side. I still need to get used to a digital camera.

DSCN2578.jpg

Photo of the SLAZ 42 WWII Australian made replacement grips scales, which are fitted to the bayonet very close, my gut reaction is that these have been on the bayonet for quite some time, not something someone bought recently and replaced them. One of these days I'd love to find a correct British made Pattern-1907 Bayonet and Scabbard, but till then I'm happy with this one.

Thanks

Mark

DSCN2580.jpg

This photo did not turn out good.

Hello Mark

Thanks for sharing your pictures, and the bayonet is in really good condition :thumbsup:

best regards

Ian

Hi Mark,

This and the other bayonet's you've shared with us are all nice examples of their kind! Thanks!

Don't worry too much about mis- matched scabbards, i.e., finding a scabbard to fit a bayonet that you have OR the other way round: fact is that in active service use they did get mixed up. As it is, I have happily fitted a recently bought German sawback 98/05 to a scabbard of the right type I have had for months, and a few months back I just missed getting the right scabbard for a P 1888 bayonet I bought in May... :angry2: Also, I am perfectly happy to display my bayonets in reproduction frogs: that is not a cardinal sin either!

Trajan

Hello

Thanks for the replies so far. As for finding a Great War era scabbard, if I come across one for a decent price I will grab it, but at this point in time I'm happy with what I have right now. I just wanted to be honest and upfront with the fact that the frog is a reproduction. Not certain how much an original Pattern-1908 Frog would be?, plus living in the United States, I don't see those everyday, not sure I've ever seen one yet here? One of these days maybe I'll find an original frog, but this will be fine till then.

Glad to see that I am no alone in the quest for a Pattern-1888 Bayonet Scabbard...

Thanks

Mark