Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Private J Keenan R.A.S.C.

BrendanLee

Looking for information on Private J Keenan killed inIreland. He died in an ambush with Captain R G Peek and Lieutenant J H A Tennant both 9th Queen's Royal Lancers in an ambush near Strokestown County Roscommon. Newspaper reports state Keenan died in the same ambush and he is also listed on the memorial service held in the Royal Hospital Dublin. I have tried CWGC and Geoff's using variant spelling and begins with but no entry found.

Keenan's case is already in hand with IFCP.

Is there a list anywhere of names submitted but not as yet accepted that I can check.

Send me a PM or email and we can liaise.

Thank you for the help and information. I don't have a list but I am researching soldiers killed in Ireland during the War of Independence. I am attempting to list them with a little information on each soldier and the circumstances in which they died. I have put a link to my webpage below.

I treated myself to a weeks access to e Irish Independent newspaper archive and after a good harvesting session I am now in the process of digesting the information. I am also attempting to record the same informationon I.R.A. and Civilian casualties, it's what I like to refer to as a life long project.

http://d893212.u51.hosting.digiweb.ie/gpage43.html