Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Delhi Durba

Wings5797

Hello everyone,

I have been investigating pre WW1 medals and am a little confused with the Delhi Durba 1911 medal.

In scouring the internet I have found two different medal ribbons for this medal. One shows navy blue with two maroon/crimson stripes and the other is sky blue with two scarlet stripes. Can you please explain the reason for this?

Kind regards,

Keith

Hello everyone,

I have been investigating pre WW1 medals and am a little confused with the Delhi Durba 1911 medal.

In scouring the internet I have found two different medal ribbons for this medal. One shows navy blue with two maroon/crimson stripes and the other is sky blue with two scarlet stripes. Can you please explain the reason for this?

Kind regards,

Keith

Hi Keith,

I think that this is down mainly to different ribbon manufacturers, although from my experience, older ribbons tend to be the darker navy blue and the more recent manufactured ones are the lighter blue. The ribbon is also the same as that for the 1911 Coronation.

Robert

Keith I think the light blue ones are the result of fading, rather than any manufacturing variance. That's just my two cents though from experience

Many thanks Guys.

I thought that it may have been some qwerk that the MOD put in place to further confuse and complecate matters.

Kindest regards

Keith