The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

SDGW lookup, please?

Tom Morgan

Would someone please be good enough to look up a soldier in SDGW? My disc drive is jammed shut so I can't use my own copy.

The soldier is 39336 Pte. Charles Stanley Simon, 1st Bn., Hampshire Regiment. Date of Death 04.10.17. I'd like to know his places of birth, residence and enlistment and whether Killed in Action, Died of Wounds, etc. Plus any additional info there might be in his SDGW entry.

I'd be really grateful for any help with this.

Tom

• Admin

Tom

No birthplace but resident at St Helier's Jersey. Enlisted Fort Regent Jersey. He was KIA and previously served as 191 in the Royal Jersey Garrison Battalion.

Glen

Here you go Tom

Born: (Blank)

Enlisted: Fort Regent, Jersey, C.I.

Resided: St. Helier's, Jersey, C.I.

Killed in action

Formerly 191, Royal Jersey Garrison Battalion

Well done Glen :-)

Residence - St Heliers, Jersey

Enlist - Fort Regent, Jersey

KIA

Formerly 191 Royal Jersey Garrison Btn

Alan

Too late again rolleyes.gif

Pals, you can't all be first, but you all stopped what you were doing to help me and I appreciate that very much indeed.

Thank you all -

Tom

Tom

According to the 1911 census he was born in St.Helier and was the son of Charles and Ann Simon. Born c1897 and at the age of 14 (in 1911) he was a Commercial Clerk. His address was 13 Royal Crescent St.Helier

Kind Regards

Steve

Tom

According to the 1911 census he was born in St.Helier and was the son of Charles and Ann Simon. Born c1897 and at the age of 14 (in 1911) he was a Commercial Clerk. His address was 13 Royal Crescent St.Helier

Kind Regards

Steve

Steve, thanks for that little bit of extra information. It helps a great deal as I'm mostly interested in discovering this man's home circumstances. Thanks very much.

Tom