Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Black Watch Glengarry

Anzac16

I got this Black watch Glengarry but i am not sure if its WW1 or Post.

Some say its 100% WW1 but some say post. The problem is the label of Adnerson and sons its sais Edinburgh and Glasgow but i heard that they where in Edinburgh from 1880 but after WW1 in Glasgow.

Can some one help me out here.

glen31j.jpg

glen32.jpg

glen33.jpg

I got this Black watch Glengarry but i am not sure if its WW1 or Post.

Some say its 100% WW1 but some say post. The problem is the label of Adnerson and sons its sais Edinburgh and Glasgow but i heard that they where in Edinburgh from 1880 but after WW1 in Glasgow.

Can some one help me out here.

In 1903, Kinloch Anderson first supplied King Edward VII with tartan and the first Royal Warrant was granted by HM King George V in 1930, and then subsequently by HM King George VI. Because the label says "By Appointment" it cannot be a cap from before the 1930s I'm afraid.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In 1903, Kinloch Anderson first supplied King Edward VII with tartan and the first Royal Warrant was granted by HM King George V in 1930, and then subsequently by HM King George VI. Because the label says "By Appointment" it cannot be a cap from before the 1930s I'm afraid.

Further, if WW1 the bottom border of the glengarry would most likely be trimmed in leather.

Further, if WW1 the bottom border of the glengarry would most likely be trimmed in leather.

Yes I agree and that has been discussed in this part of the forum before. Most interestingly it was pointed out that some more utilitarian plain blue patterns were introduced with a canvas edging and that these were issued even to regiments who more traditionally wore a diced version, so it is not possible to make absolutes.