Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Harry/Henry Linton 11 or 16th Royal Irish Rifles

linfield

Can anybody help me with details about Rifleman Linton 6468 who died on the 14 July 1916. There are not 2 facts about him that don't give differing versions of his military record. On the CWGC::Certificate he is down as H.Linton 6468 16th Battalion R.I.R. His medal index card is Harry Linton 11/6468 .In UK.Soldiers Died in the Great War he is Henry Linton 6468 11th Battalion R.I.R. hs details on this document are Birthplace;Randalstown, Co.Antrim Residence: Milltown, Co.Antrim. I believe he was wounded on or about the 1st July 1916 at the Somme and captured as a P.O.W. dying of wounds in a German First -Aid Station.

• 3 years later...

Can anybody help me with details about Rifleman Linton 6468 who died on the 14 July 1916. There are not 2 facts about him that don't give differing versions of his military record. On the CWGC::Certificate he is down as H.Linton 6468 16th Battalion R.I.R. His medal index card is Harry Linton 11/6468 .In UK.Soldiers Died in the Great War he is Henry Linton 6468 11th Battalion R.I.R. hs details on this document are Birthplace;Randalstown, Co.Antrim Residence: Milltown, Co.Antrim. I believe he was wounded on or about the 1st July 1916 at the Somme and captured as a P.O.W. dying of wounds in a German First -Aid Station.

I know this is an old post but Rfm Linton is listed on the ICRC Website as C Coy, 11th Batt R Irish Rifles. Captures on the 14th July 1916 at St Quentin. Theres a lot of other info as well.

Darryn