Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

George T. Bass ASC

Adam Llewellyn

Seasons Greetings,

Could anybody please tell me if there is any further information on this man,

CMT/3739 Pte. George T. Bass Army Service Corps.

I've got his MIC which shows a date of entry of 5th October 1914, but would like to get an idea on when George enlisted and a possible residence.

Regards. Llew.

The prefix to his number seems to indicate that he might have been a pre-war Territorial

From Col Michael Young's history of the ASC which has on p.39 “In April 1912 a new category of Special Reserves was introduced: Category C. MT Drivers ASC were enlisted in this category”

Good luck

Michael

Hi Llew

There are 30 pages of his Pension records on Ancestry.

He attested Tunbridge 10/8/14 and Mobilized Bristol 10/8/14 his civilian trade was motor driver and it appears he carried on with that during the war.

He served in South Africa, East Africa and France. He did suffer from Dysentry and Malaria he was discharged fit for Command Depot 4/6/18 and not available for theatre of war where malaria is prevalent.

He was finally demobilised 6/3/19.

Dental

Hi Llew

His second name was Thomas his home address was 2 Holly Bank Crescent Road Tunbridge Wells Kent and his next of kin was his mother of the same address.

In 1911 he was living there with his parents , 2 brothers and 3 sisters.

Dental

Michael & Dental,

Fantastic, your help is greatly appreciated. I'm now the proud owner of George's 1914 Trio and the additional information will be great for my display.

Regards. Llew.