Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Battlefield Trip Photographs

Guest AmericanDoughboy

Guest AmericanDoughboy

Monumental Stone Stating where the 'Lost Battalion' was situated in the Charlesvaux Mill Area in the Meuse-Argonne Sector

post-8-1090780668.jpg

Very nice pics Doughboy - were you over recently? It must have cost the proverbial arm and a leg from the States! Nicely taken. My congratulations.

Des

Guest AmericanDoughboy

Desmond,

Yes, I was over there quite recently. Also, I must inform you that more photographs are to come.

-Doughboy

Guest AmericanDoughboy

Charlevaux Mill Area, where the Major Charles Whittlesey and his 'Lost Battalion' fought for six brutal days (Meuse-Argonne Forest)

post-8-1090866102.jpg

The very interesting story of the Lost Battalion is quite well told in book by that name, Johnson & another author, available in inexpensive reprint of 1937? book.

Guest AmericanDoughboy
The very interesting story of the Lost Battalion is quite well told in book by that name, Johnson & another author, available in inexpensive reprint of 1937? book.

Paul,

Yes, that book is indeed in my personal libray. The authors are the historian Thomas M. Johnson and Official War Correspondant (who personally met the surviving members of the Lost Battalion and Whittlesey himself) Fletcher Pratt. It is a very good read. I suggest it to many.

-Doughboy