Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

26th Royal Fusiliers

Johnny1

Good morning, would anyone know of the 26th Royal Fusiliers unit patch, they were in the 124th Brigade, 41st Division and all the battalions, as far as I know had a white diagonal stripe top left-bottom right of a square, it is the square colours I cannot find. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Regards John

Good morning, would anyone know of the 26th Royal Fusiliers unit patch, they were in the 124th Brigade, 41st Division and all the battalions, as far as I know had a white diagonal stripe top left-bottom right of a square, it is the square colours I cannot find. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Regards John

Hi John, I cannot find any unit flash to the 26th or 32 RF. I have also looked for the other Battns eg 18 and 21 KRRC, 20 DLI, 23 Middlesex and I have had no luck there either. JG

Hello John,

122nd Bde Green Square

123rd Bde Red Square

124th Bde Yellow Square

All these squares had the distinctive white diagonal, while each Infantry Bn bore the number 1, 2, 3 or 4 painted on the Bde sign.

Hope this help.

Regards

Arthur

Hello John,

122nd Bde Green Square

123rd Bde Red Square

124th Bde Yellow Square

All these squares had the distinctive white diagonal, while each Infantry Bn bore the number 1, 2, 3 or 4 painted on the Bde sign.

Hope this help.

Regards

Arthur

I was looking for the Battalion battle patches not Brigade signs, thats why I could not find anything !!! JG

I was looking for the Battalion battle patches not Brigade signs, thats why I could not find anything !!! JG

Hello John G,

I also had a look to see if I had anything regarding Bn signs. However, I also found nothing. According to the information that I have it would appear that the 26th Bn, R. Fus, would have worn the 124th. Bde, flash with a number 2 on it beings as they are, or, were the second Bn, in the Bde,.

Regards

Arthur

Hi JG and Arthur, thanks for the information, I've found the 19th Middlesex had a light blue square, the 12th East Surrey had a green circle and the 21st KRRC had a yellow shoulder title shape with a triangle shape coming down from the centre of it, so the green, red and yellow would seem to be right. Once again, many thanks. Regards John

• 2 months later...

Hi JG and Arthur, thanks for the information, I've found the 19th Middlesex had a light blue square, the 12th East Surrey had a green circle and the 21st KRRC had a yellow shoulder title shape with a triangle shape coming down from the centre of it, so the green, red and yellow would seem to be right. Once again, many thanks. Regards John

Hi

41 Division - brigade indicated by colour

122 Bde - green

123 Bde - red

124 Bde - yellow

bn indicated by shape - circle, shield, triange and an arc shape with an inverted triangle attached to underneath

See Chappell - British battle insignia plate E4

Regards

KENDO