Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Donations for the running of IFCP?

Bardess

Having spent an hour on the IFCP website it suddenly struck me how much work - man hours - must have been put into this project. I, for one, would be willing to donate to the upkeep of this enormously important website. Just ponder:

1. Cost of website

2. Man hours to keep it up-to-date

3. Phone calls/stationery/postage

4. Ancestry subscription at the very least - poss FindMyPast etc?

5. A decent computer/printer/scanner

The list is endless.

I know Terry has a PO Box so cheques could be sent but, other than that, I don't know.

Do we take Terry & Co for granted?????

EDIT: Apology for double-posting - dunno how it happened but can't delete it

Diane

Thank you for the kind thoughts but no donations are sought by IFCP. It is a labour of love and should remain so for those concerned.

All operating costs, apart from the purchase of death certificates and service records, are funded by its volunteers. The website is my idea and responsibility and I am happy to fund it.

We have had some unsolicited donations from the relatives of newly recognised casualties but there is no requirement for these.

The biggest cost factor is time and this is freely given by everyone.

The world is a better place with such people around.

Diane

Thank you for the kind thoughts but no donations are sought by IFCP. It is a labour of love and should remain so for those concerned.

All operating costs, apart from the purchase of death certificates and service records, are funded by its volunteers. The website is my idea and responsibility and I am happy to fund it.

We have had some unsolicited donations from the relatives of newly recognised casualties but there is no requirement for these.

The biggest cost factor is time and this is freely given by everyone.