Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

How Much for a Brodie ?

Lachlan

Dear All

What should a person reasonably pay for a Brodie (with applied rim edge, oilskin lining, cloth pad etc - not the later rubber ring model) in good condition ?

I have never paid more than 150.- for a regular brodie in original and nice condition. Its a different if you buy from a trader or on ebay . With a bit of luck you can get one brodie for this price.

Regards from Saxony

Sven

Thanks Sven ! :)

BTW do you think Edinburgh will be in the running for top 3 in this season's SPL (either the Hi-bees or the Jambos or both ?)

Thanks Sven ! :)

BTW do you think Edinburgh will be in the running for top 3 in this season's SPL (either the Hi-bees or the Jambos or both ?)

That would be nice if the Hibernians or the Hearts would make the race. But there are still missing a few points ....

But there are still missing a few points ....

Hmmm, don't follow SPL, but always thought that up there missing a few pints was the more usual problem...:whistle:

Trajan

Hi

Wasn't there a earlier Rimless brodie helmet?.

Gerwyn

That's the 1916 pattern MK1.

Or do you mean this pattern?

Hi. Yes, its the one I have. Gerwyn

Hi. Yes, its the one I have. Gerwyn

That's the rarest pattern. I have an other one with rough paint and liner 2nd pattern ( unfortunaly the liner is missing ).

Regards

Sven

Hi. This is the one I have. Gerwyn

post-78506-0-72842900-1319744254.jpg

post-78506-0-49643100-1319744288.jpg

With liner and chinstrap 2nd pattern?

Regards

Hi. Don't understand, do you mean the one I have is a 2nd pattern, or are you saying the chinstrap?. Gerwyn

Your helmet shell is the first pattern. This pattern was used later with newer kind of liner and chinstrap.

Maybe anybody can tell better what i mean.

Regards

The helmet shell must be the first pattern. This pattern was used later with another later kind of liner.Please have a look.

The first and the second pattern liner.

Hi 133 R.

First, I would like thank you for replying to my, I don't understand, the inside of my helmet, is different to the one you show, would it be worth me taken a photo.

Gerwyn

So 250 quid for a complete Brodie is a bit OTT then ?

So 250 quid for a complete Brodie is a bit OTT then ?

Hi

Seen them on ebay going for around that figure, and more, its a long time ago now since I use to buy WW1 items, how rare they are now I don't know, had mine a good few years, and it cost me £145,00.

Gerwyn

For a MK1 helmet with the second patt chinstrap with or without 'doughnut' I would want a near mint example with paper adjustment label still in place under the crown rivet for £250.The one in post 6 is very nice with brown felt rather than the grey which I think came into use after the doughnut ring. Keep an eye on eBay prices for a while to get an idea or the price. Regards, Paul.