Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Death Plaque Copy on eBay

rhimsl

<_< I know there has been a lot of discussion regarding death plaques and maybe a few of you have already seen copies but this is the first one I have come across: Item number: 2257342299 on eBay. It is being sold as a copy and is smaller than an original with no name. Just thought it may be of interest to some of you to take a look and see what you think.

These have been sold by a number of medal dealers and on eBay for a year or so now. Not sure where they came from. If I remember correctly they were initially advertized as "prototypes." Dick

Guest Pete Wood

This is a scale 'copy' of the plaque, produced by the now defunct Toad Hall Medals.

A lot of dealers sold these as "an original prototype." A blatant lie, sadly.

In the 1920s, you could purchase a miniature plaque, made by Wright and Sons of Edgware, of around this size. But it had a wreath around the outer circumference. These are very collectable and fetch good money.

This copy is not made of bronze.

Toad Hall Medals (and its equipment) has been bought by another company. It will be interesting to see if this, and other copies of medals, will be produced once again. <_<