Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

British born 5th AIF - identifcations

Tjap

Due to an extremely tardy response to my attempts to communicate with the Australian DOD dealing with this I abandonned all the files I had assembled when my computer crashed in December 2010.

Fortunately I was able to retrieve most of my work from the backs of envelopes etc. when I did finally get a response.

I had a call this week from one of the elderly folk from whom I had obtained permision to contact the DOD to say that they had now received an inquiry and had been sent materials including a DVD of the opening ceremony which was greatly appreciated despite the separation in time and place from George Honey their mDNA relative.

Is there anywhere that I can get an update on which soldiers on the list still need researching.

Best to all,

Howard

You're not alone Howard and it is really frustrating.

We are all finding it extremely difficult to extract any information from the DOD!!

I've had mtDNA descendants I located over 12 months ago still waiting to hear from them. I advised them of your searches last time and I think you mentioned they'd finally been in touch but that was ages ago.

Cheers,

Tim L.