Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

T4/062144 R LAMBERT medal

Kurgan

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had the medals for a GG Uncle of mine Robert LAMBERT. I believe he was in the ASC and his service number was T4/062144. I saw them many years ago but they left the family as far as I am aware. I would like to reunite them with his family.

Here's hoping

Kurgan,

Ask everyone & their dog in the family. A few members of my family are doing the family tree so we have all been asking the members we have contact with. Grill them for all they know someone will know something & it could well be the clue you need,

Alex

Alex,

Thanks for the reply. I think they were donated to a local small museum which has no record of them, apparently the museum had a few breakins so they might be out on the open market somewhere. I was hoping if they had been removed the removers wouldn't want them and they had been bought by somebody.

Thanks again

Kurgan

Kurgan,

This is an issue that has come up before about items been loaned/donated to museums. The museum should have records of a donation. But if the museum has had a few breakins see what there is in the way of a crime report & see what is listed as missing,

Alex

Kurgan

I cannot help with his medals but Robert Lambert's sevice /pension papers can be found on ancestry (11 Off)

giving details of his war service

Regards Ray