Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WW1 RAMC Tunic , helmet, medals

14-18

Hi . Haven't been on for a while . I've been offered a WW1 RAMC tunic with cap plus steel helmet, medals and the owners two sets of putties although the putties are mothed. There's his kitbag & diary also. The dealer will not split the group and wishes to keep it all together which obviously hikes the price up even though I only want the tunic.

It all belongs to the same man during WW1 and all contained in a suitcase/kitbag with is dog tags.

Can someone here give me a price of what I should be paying for the lot?

pet9.jpg

pet8.jpg

pet4.jpg

No idea as to price, but please don't break the set up! :wacko: If they all belonged to the same man you have a very rare find there!

Trajan

No idea as to price, but please don't break the set up! :wacko: If they all belonged to the same man you have a very rare find there!

Trajan

The diary makes it nice as it has lots of interesting entries. I can get the cash together for the lot but don't want to pay over the odds for it. I've been looking for an RAMC tinic for a few years. The helmet is complete with liner so that must add to the value. ?

pet6.jpg

pet5.jpg

pet7.jpg

If I were you I'd pass and let someone keep the lot together and wait for a singleton tunic, it is a real shame when people split things like this and it really would diminish this group. I would say this would be in the 2500 pound range and if in a 'london' dealers listing 3000 or more. A few years ago another dealer I know sold a tunic only similar to this, RAMC but a different div and not other items, for 1650 pounds.

If I were you I'd pass and let someone keep the lot together and wait for a singleton tunic, it is a real shame when people split things like this and it really would diminish this group. I would say this would be in the 2500 pound range and if in a 'london' dealers listing 3000 or more. A few years ago another dealer I know sold a tunic only similar to this, RAMC but a different div and not other items, for 1650 pounds.

That's why I just want the tunic - can't affrord the lot but like you say shame to split. I'm trying to work somethng out to get my hands on it.

I'd love the cap and medals...perhaps we could part buy and agree to try and virtually keep the group together?

TT

What is the div / unit patch? Cant make it out.

Thanks

TT

TT,

I believe the patches are related to the Army of Occupation. I have one in my collection but forget to which unit/Div it belongs.

regards

Mark

What is the div / unit patch? Cant make it out.

Thanks

TT

Don't split the group please. That is a mans life. People split groupings all the time to make a fast buck. There will be another uniform along at some point.

Sorry if that offends but it is my view. :mellow:

I have to agree with previous comments--please do not split this wonderfully complete set. I can see that the price could be a serious hurdle, but it would be almost criminal to split these!!

I often wonder what happened to both my grandfathers uniforms--I can still see them hanging up. My maternal grandfather's in an outbuilding complete with great coat and helmet and my paternal grandfather's at his office in a store room. I expect that they all ended up in the dustbin at some stage, after all this would have been in the early 60's. Fortunately I have both their sets of medals and some badges etc., so at least not everything was discarded!!

Thanks for that, so I guess that would be for post-war police service.?

Cheers, S>S

Yes, this is for service with the Special Constabulary as oppose to the regular Police Force. The earlier GV issue often has a bar sewn onto the ribbon bearing the inscription: "The Great War 1914-18", this denotes service during WW1 with the Specials. So the medal shown would be for service post 1936.