The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

The Manchester Regiment Website

Hello again chaps,

I doubt if I have posted this in the right area of the GW Forum, please move as you see fit, thanks.

Is anyone in contact with the owner of the Manchester Regiment Website Forum? I have tried to join twice now (since July), I get the following email, and then total silence. I receive nothing more. There is no "contact us" information on their website. Can anyone help me out please, thank you.

Your registration request at The Manchester Regiment Group Forum has been received, Buccaneer. The username you registered with was Buccaneer and the password was xxxxxxxxx. Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved. When this happens, you will receive another email from this address. Regards,The The Manchester Regiment Group Forum Team.

Hi Buccaneer,

I am a member of that forum, so have sent a pm to one of the moderators with a link to your post here. Hopefully that might have a result.

Angela

Hi Buccaneer,

I am a member of that forum, so have sent a pm to one of the moderators with a link to your post here. Hopefully that might have a result.

Angela

Thanks ever so much Angela, will keep my eye on it. Can hopefully get approved before Saturday (our visit to Kew).

hi there

sorry if there has been a problem with signing up. If you contact me by email or pm with details of your username and password, i will check it out and come back to you

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

hi there

sorry if there has been a problem with signing up. If you contact me by email or pm with details of your username and password, i will check it out and come back to you

Chris

PM sent with the requested information Chris. Ta very much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi Harribobs,

I've just seen a string of old messages saying some people are having difficulty registering with www.themanchesters.org website. In the last 48 hours, I've tried dozens of times to register and a message keeps coming up saying the registration link has been disabled. I wonder if you can help me with this problem as Ive seen your name on the photo project.

Many thanks

Roger Jones

• 5 months later...

Same problem with me, whatever I try I cannot log in or register on that forum. From dates on some posts it seems that some folk can get to it still.

With information for a seeker on one post it is very frustrating. Reading these posts on this forum seems to indicate they do have a serious problem and seem not to be addressing it

• 8 months later...

Hello I came across this post I have tried numerous times to register also on the Manchester site, it just keeps saying error. I cannot see any way of contacting anyone to tell them of the issue.

• 8 months later...
Guest bobjacqs

Hi,

I have the same problem too. I have been trying to register on it for about three weeks. I get a message saying "Sorry, registration is currently disabled."

Hope someone can contact the owners for me.
Thanks
Bob

There is a post on the Forum stating:

Due to the amount of spammers trying to get on the Forum we have had to change the registration method

Please drop us an Email with your chosen user name, password and Email, and we will set up your account and email you back

Send information to

Wendi(at)themanchesters.org

or

Harribobs(at)themanchesters.org

Andrewr