Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

William Tinsley - South Lancs

vaughanwills

hi william Tinsley millitary record right number and battalion is on ancestry however it shows him being discharged for being medically unift

According to the surviving pension papers on Ancestry he enlisted in November 1914 and was discharged on the 13th April 1916 as medically unfit (flat feet), he was awarded a pension of 5/- (25p) per week. No indication as to his cause of death. No trace in Lancashire BMD nor FreeBMD nor Ancestry deaths. Ralph.

He was buried on 24/10/1918 and has a commission headstone. His parents are also buried with him, Sarah dying in 1929 and father John in 1947.

He is commemorated on the cenotaph in St Helens.

I cannot trace him in the Ancestry registers either.

If you can get to St Helens Library, go to the Archives upstairs and ask to see Denis Martland's St Helens Roll of Honour. He researched all of the name son the cenotaph so you may find something there.

If you can get to St Helens Library, go to the Archives upstairs and ask to see Denis Martland's St Helens Roll of Honour. He researched all of the name son the cenotaph so you may find something there.

Thank you for that but I can't make it up there to do that I live in the South West. If I ever make my way over to St Helens I will have a look.

Thank you for that but I can't make it up there to do that I live in the South West. If I ever make my way over to St Helens I will have a look.