Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Thomas John Brown - Northampton's ?

scuber1122

Hi - I await a recent purchase of a Memorial plaque to the above gallant serviceman - my basic research was lacking and I thought it was unique to a Corporal in The Northamptonshire's - whilst it came from that neck of the woods I find there are 3 other possibles ;

Pte 292697 Cheshires

cpl 6131 4th QO Hussars

Pte 1848 Australian Forces

just wondered if any of you had the medals / plaques of these chaps to narrow the odds ?

kind regards Bob

there is a medal card for a Thomas John Brown, so this could be him. This man was a corporal in the 2nd Northamptonshire Regiment number 7984, and gained three medals (British, Victory and 14 Star) he first entered his theatre of war on 6/11/14, so if you think your soldier went to war this early it may well be him.

Hope this helps, if you want me to send you the medal card just PM me your address

Hi - many thanks for this info. I do have Ancestry access but must admit I had'nt looked at the MICs yet - I think though unless I can track down the other three groups the plaque will remain 1 of 4 possibles - its a shame they did'nt put the Regiment on them.

regards Bob