Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

'R.B.S.D.' ?Royal Welch Fusiliers

trajan

A local shoe shop in Ankara has its walls decorated with various objects allegedly from the Gallipoli campaign. Among these are four British officer's caps. Three are suspended high up on the wall, with the badges reasonably visible. They are: Lancashire Fusiliers; RAMC(? - it has a snake wrapped around a staff); and one with a Lion that looks like the Kings Own.

The fourth cap is on a shelf and so I could look at this properly. It has a Royal Welch Fusiliers badge, a white label inside with the makers/suppliers mark of a firm based at 18 Church Street, Inverness (BLAST, just realised that I did not write down the name of the firm! - I THINK it was Pritchard?), the label being marked in handwritten ink block letters 'R.B.S.D above the makers/suppliers mark'. Are these the initials of the officer who owned the cap?

Trajan

Trajan, and what has this post got to do with ARMS.?? Just because you now have a "commission" doesn't mean you can't still be busted back to Private.!! :P

Cheers, S>S

Oh-oh... It wasn't supposed to be in Arms... Don't know how that happened - I just 'post(ed) new topic'... hope this mistake does not result in the indignity of loosing a hard-earned promotion... :unsure: Perhaps a kind-hearted MOD will rectify???

Trajan

EDIT: Now I see what I did wrong... live and learn...

Have had a look through the Feb 1915 Army List for 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Btns RWF for anyone with the initials R.B.S.D but to no avail.....

Thanks - I was re-posting this under 'Soldiers' when your reply was winging its way over the ether.

Trajan

Thanks - I was re-posting this under 'Soldiers' when your reply was winging its way over the ether.

Trajan

Good cod. At ease Soldier, Any more info on the subject?