Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Naval Veterans gravesite

RNCVR

Hello all,

I would really like to locate the gravesite of a WWI/II Naval veteran that might be buried in London & thought if a PAL in London could check somehow to determine if he is indeed buried there & if possibly take a couple pictures of his gravesite??

Here are the details I have -

Name is Ernest Randall CREMER, & he died on 27 July 1973. (born: 21 Jan 1886)

He was at the time living at 128 Baring Road (no idea where in London that might be) SE12. His death was registered in Dartford, County of Kent on 30 July 1973.

I have searched the TIMES to see if he might have a death notice or obituary with no luck. Dont think he was prominent enought to be listed (perhaps?), altho as he was a WWI CGM, DSM & Fre MM winner & a pioneer submariner I thought he might have an obituary somewhere????

If anone can supply any details would be grateful,

many thanks!

Bryan in Canada.

Bryan

Just checked on www.streetmap.co.uk, where I input "Baring Road", and it comes up with the location, shown that it is in Grove Park, near Catford. Check it out.

It's interesting because withina very short distance is Hither Green Cemetary and Crematorium. I wonder what are the chances that yer man is burried there?

SN

Thanks fellows for this information, very much appreciated! :rolleyes:

I went inot the Cemeteries section & just sent off an email to the Lewisham Archives - lets see what happens. Keep youposted!

best......

Bryan

Bryan

Not sure if it's of any use, but I have images of your man's entries in the 1891 and 1901 census. If you would like copies, drop me your email address as I can't attach them to email through the forum

SN

Thanks Steve,

I have not heard back from Lewisham as yet.

Yes, pls send me the census entries you have located:

rncvr@sympatico.ca

He was born 21 Jan '86 in Southampton & entered RN as a Boy on 4 Apl '01.

Bryan

Bryan

As the Cremer death was registered at Dartford that would perhaps be the best source of a copy certificate. The Dartford Registration Office list does not include Lewisham so maybe he died somewhere else in the Dartford area. A search for 'Dartford Registration District' will give you the list of parishes.

Good hunting

Hi Chris,

I have a copy of his Death Registration Cert, & I'll check Dartford area & see what turns up.

Thanks,

Bryan