Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Living history event at Zonnebeke 22-24 april 2005

bkristof

Today i had a meeting with the Passchendaele 1917 memorial museum in Zonnebeke, Flanders, Belgium.

As our living history group (SRD) organised an living history event for the official opening they contacted us again.

As it was a big succes (like the museum, now + 10 000 visitors already !), they want us to organise an other event next year. Thanks to all groups who came to help us and who helped making the event. ;)

Next year it will be 90 years ago the the first chlorine gas attacks took place in the Salient. To remember that we will organise a living history event in the Chateau park next ot the museum. Main theme will be GAS. :unsure:

It will be in the weekend of 22 - 23 - 24 april 2005.

there will be a 1915 battlefield tour, demonstrations, a band (not sure) and several activities. It will be an excellent opportunity to leartn about the gas attacks, to see forgotten spots or private property sites.

Is ther any interest abroad???? Any questions?

All idea's or suggestions are welcome offcourse.

Hi Kristof, this sounds very interesting....... wish I could attend. I am sure everything will come together well. How about an exhibit about the survivors of these attacks who spent the rest of their lives in hospitals? I think that would make a huge impression on visitors. cheers Shelley :D