Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Wellington Quarry, Arras, Entrance?

egbert

Would somebody please mark the exact location of the Wellington Quarry entrance and a suitable parking lot?

post-80-0-20902500-1312016370.jpg

Egbert.

I cannot mark it on your picture but don't worry:-

i) You cannot miss it once you are in the road

ii) there is plenty of parking

Neil

Egbert,

The entrance is from the road at the bottom of the photo. Coming from Arras centre, look for the large supermarket on your left but do not turn into it as this is a one way street and there is no entrance to the Wellington Quarry from there.

As Neil says, there is a car park in the grounds and plenty of space unless you are very unlucky.

Paul

Don't forget that the grassed area in the middle has been developed in to the car park & entrance, as others have said it cannot be missed !

Mick

Hi Egbert

There is only one entrance to the site and that is from the main Arras to Beaurains (eventually the Bapaume) road. If you are coming from the centre of Arras as was said, a Leclerc supermarket looms on your left. Go past the road on the right of the supermarket (no access to site). You will then see the entrance to the Quarries on your left but unfortunately you can't turn left into it. Go somewhere off the main road to be able to get back onto the road in the direction of Arras centre. Then you will be able to turn in, the entrance is well signposted. Ther is ample parking inside the grounds. Enjoy your visit. When are you there?

Jim

Before visiting my advice would be to pre book a tour, if theres a couple of coaches on the car park you wont go down for some time.

LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY!!!

I so want to visit these, they were not open when i was last in Arras, in 2004...

LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY!!!

I so want to visit these, they were not open when i was last in Arras, in 2004...

Share this album with anyone by sending them this public link:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.122114264747.103321.560369747&l=cced21a3dc&type=1

Wellington Mines, Hawthorn Crater, Ypres.

Hope these are of interest.

cheers,

Don.

LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY!!!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.122114264747.103321.560369747&l=cced21a3dc&type=1

cheers,

Don.

LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY!!!

cheers,

Don.

Tsu makes a good point. I visited the Wellington Quarries a couple of years ago. It was a warm September day but it was quite chilly inside. Best take a sweater. Dave