Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WW1 or WW2?

Marco

It is a lash up spoof by the looks back end is a STEN front a German MP40 Middle ????? Bipod looks like a early FN MAG but could be german MG34/42?

Marco

Looks like bits of 4 relics put together. at left the receiver from a Sten or the German MP3008 copy of it, into which is wedged part of an MG 15 which has a swivel mount from a vehicle or aircraft and then on the right the barrel of an MP40 sub machine gun. The bipod looks as if it is off an MG 34 or MG 42.

Yours

Mike

Interesting! The picture was send to me and the first reaction I had was what's a MP40 barell doing on the rest?

Regards,

Marco

i looked up my arms books...

the rear looks indeed like from an mp 3008 (sten copy) but normaly the loader is facing down, not to the right...

The center piece, the air cooled barrel is from an MG 15

The top piece is indeed MP40.

This is my version:

OR it is like said a mix up

OR (possible) an ersatz made MG15 at the end of WW2, they did a lot of things like that in the desperate days...

I am not very knowledgable about small arms, but this weopon has sparked my curiosity. Could such a hodge podge of weopons actualy have fired bullets? In which part of the world was this weopn found?

Brum

The story goes that it was begotten (not found by the current day owner) in northern France. If it was bought or not I don’t know, but I think someone’s leg (and/or wallet) was pulled....

Regards,

Marco

I am not very knowledgable about small arms, but this weopon has sparked my curiosity. Could such a hodge podge of weopons actualy have fired bullets?

Not really. The MP 3008/Sten bit on the left is 9mm calibre, as is the MP38/40 barrel on the right, but the MG-15 barrel in the middle is 7.92mm. If someone welded something like this together and tried to fire it, I wouldn't like to be the person to pull the trigger!

Thanks Marco and Nick I think I will out the amunition quietly away. Just asked after seeing some home made (from bits of other weopons) rifle/pistols, in the museum in Brussels that where used by the Belgian resistance in WW2.

Brum