Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

David Cohen Fine Art sale

Chris_Baker

Other than David being a long-term pal of mine, I have no connection with his business.

I thought GWF members might be interested in seeing David Cohen Fine Art: [Broken link removed]. For many years David has bought and sold First World War art. I see that he has a sale on at present, but the website is worth looking through even if you are not likely to be a buyer. Some very interesting pieces.

Thank you, Chris: The CO and I have a wee hobby of art collecting. I may need reinforcements to persuade her to go this route, tho' :unsure: . Yours, Antony

• 8 years later...
  • Admin

Does anyone know what happened to his collection after David died? 

Thank you 

I am hoping Judith was able to hang on to some of it. I was lucky to get to see much of it in their house and while I know it was a business (which I helped sustain), some of the pieces looked like they had found their rightful home. 

• Admin

I helped sustain the business too Gareth. I'd like to see if I can find something to give to my husband who has been so helpful and supportive to me recently. 

Would you like me to ask Chris on Twitter (that way Wayne won't see you posting it)?

• Admin

Wayne is on Twitter now.........I could try instagram! 

22 hours ago, Gareth Davies said:

I am hoping Judith was able to hang on to some of it. I was lucky to get to see much of it in their house and while I know it was a business (which I helped sustain), some of the pieces looked like they had found their rightful home. 

I'm sure there was something in either "The Bulletin" or "Stand To" at about the time that David died concerning what was going to happen to the Collection. I think that the Collection (or most of it) was going to be sold, but I'm not absolutely sure. It wasn't something that I could have been able to buy, so it's just a vague memory!   

• Admin

Thanks everyone. Have chosen another subject and sorted it 

Michelle