Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Beaumont Hamel map c.1916-1917

Joe Walsh

I'm writing a chapter for a book that a team of people are publishing and I need a trench map of the Beaumont Hamel area where the man I'm focusing on was killed. Munich trench the war diary said he was wounded (cause of death) in November 1916 - he was also wounded at Derville Wood several miles south-west in July 1916.

I was in the National Archives and I was trying desperately with the trench maps to find those areas, but I just could not and ran out of time. Does anyone have those maps or be able to help me out?

I'm writing a chapter for a book that a team of people are publishing and I need a trench map of the Beaumont Hamel area where the man I'm focusing on was killed. Munich trench the war diary said he was wounded (cause of death) in November 1916 - he was also wounded at Derville Wood several miles south-west in July 1916.

I was in the National Archives and I was trying desperately with the trench maps to find those areas, but I just could not and ran out of time. Does anyone have those maps or be able to help me out?

Have a map that shows Munich Trench as at 7/2/17. If you PM me your email address I'll scan it. The 100KB limit on Forum makes it too hazy

Regards

Martin

Map from October 1916 from the "Linesman" package. Flag marks the trench which runs north to south, Martins map may show it clearer, this is reduced to get it under the 100k forum upload limit.

regards

Tom

post-5284-0-57390400-1310056039.jpg

This map is dated 26th and 28th October 1916 (it has a 28th October updated frontline overlay just off shot to the south), 1st Printing Coy, RE, 5th Section (374) 26.10.16

post-357-0-75003200-1310378688.jpg