Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Honourable Artillery Company in the Great War

CROONAERT

I'm now able to do any look ups required from the HAC history 1914-18.

Not only is this an excellently detailed history, the Roll of Honour is one of the best that I've encountered in a unit history for details.

Along with the name,rank and number, and date of death of the casualty, the date of attestation, date of embarkation overseas, date(s) of any previous woundings, type of casualty, and place of death are given, both for those who died with the HAC, and those who died with other units who had previously been in the HAC. In the case of an officer casualty, date of commision is also given.

Another "roll of honour" lists all those (survived or not) who recieved a decoration , both British or foreign. Same details as above (apart from death details, obviously!).

Dave.

Dave,

Could I please request a look up for 10761 Pte. R. H. PRICKETT, who served with the H.A.C. Infantry. I don't believe he was a casaulty, but I'd be very grateful if you could check the Honours List. Many Thanks.

Gavin

Hi Crooneart,

I would appreciate a Look up on the Below Gentleman,

Thank You.

Captain Frank{Francis} William Ford MC,1/1st Cambridgeshire Regt TF,Enlisted & served O/S initially with HAC {Infantry} as Private.

Regards Roger.

Dave,

would be very grateful if you have anything on

Gunner Lewis Wright

624562 Artillery section.

DOD 3/10/17.

Many thanks for hard work.

Mandy.

Dave,

Could I please request a look up for 10761 Pte. R. H. PRICKETT, who served with the H.A.C. Infantry. I don't believe he was a casaulty, but I'd be very grateful if you could check the Honours List. Many Thanks.

Gavin

Sorry Gavin.

No mention in the ROH.

Dave.

Hi Crooneart,

I would appreciate a Look up on the Below Gentleman,

Thank You.

Captain Frank{Francis} William Ford MC,1/1st Cambridgeshire Regt TF,Enlisted & served O/S initially with HAC {Infantry} as Private.

Regards Roger.

Roger.

Ford, Francis William. Capt. Canbridgeshire Regt. 2nd Bn HAC 2/6/15 to 24/10/15,. 1st Bn 24/10/15 to 16/1/16. Embarked overseas 24/10/15. Commisioned 12/11/16. Awarded MC and MiD. KIA 26/9/17

Dave.

Gunner Lewis Wright

624562 Artillery section.

DOD 3/10/17.

Mandy.

Wright, Lewis. Gnr. "2/A" Battery. Admitted 31/12/16. Overseas 20/6/17. KIA St.Julien 3/10/17.

Dave.

Ford, Francis William. Capt. Canbridgeshire Regt. 2nd Bn HAC 2/6/15 to 24/10/15,. 1st Bn 24/10/15 to 16/1/16. Embarked overseas 24/10/15. Commisioned 12/11/16. Awarded MC and MiD. KIA 26/9/17

Dave.

Muchas Gracias Dave!.Excellent Thank You ;)

Regards Roger.

Guest birdflightless

Hi Dave,

When you have time I would appreciate any further info no the following man, please,

No. 7353, Pte. Stanley L. Wade, D.O.D. 17/6.1917, 2nd Btn. H.A.C.

Thanks in advance,

Stewart

When you have time I would appreciate any further info no the following man, please,

No. 7353, Pte. Stanley L. Wade, D.O.D. 17/6.1917, 2nd Btn. H.A.C.

Stewart.

WADE,Stanley Leach. Pte. 2nd Bn. Admitted 3/4/16. Overseas 18/11/16. KIA Bullecourt 17/6/17.

Dave.

• 3 months later...

Dave,

Could you look up the following man for me: Pte Oswald Barnes, k.i.a. 13/11/16 and also provide any details from the history about the action he was killed in.

Cheers.

Andy.

Dave,

Could you look up the following man for me: Pte Oswald Barnes, k.i.a. 13/11/16 and also provide any details from the history about the action he was killed in.

Cheers.

Andy.

Hi Andy.

Pte.Oswald James Barnes, 1st Bn. Enlisted 15th November 1915. Went overseas 29th June 1916. KIA Beaucourt 13th November 1916

Dave.

Could you ... also provide any details from the history about the action he was killed in.

Andy.

Send me a PM with your postal address. I'll photocopy the relevant section for you and post it - there's 14 pages about the 1st Bn on this day! - it'll be easier for me. (otherwise it'll take me forever to scan, crop, re-size, etc.).

Here's the map that goes with this chapter though...

Dave.

post-16-1100393518.jpg

• 2 months later...

As per my announcement, I'll no longer be doing "look-ups" on this thread.

Sorry!

Dave. :)