Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Royal Dublin Fusiliers

les3011

Hello, I am researching the Royal Dublin Fusiliers, specifically shoulder titles, and would like to find out what form they took between 1914-18. I believe that pre-1910, the shoulder titles were in two parts including a bridged 'RDF' with a separate plain grenade above; and a later officers title was one piece with a 'D' and an 'F' separated by a grenade. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what the 'OR's shoulder title looked like post 1914.

Many thanks

Hello, I am researching the Royal Dublin Fusiliers, specifically shoulder titles, and would like to find out what form they took between 1914-18. I believe that pre-1910, the shoulder titles were in two parts including a bridged 'RDF' with a separate plain grenade above; and a later officers title was one piece with a 'D' and an 'F' separated by a grenade. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what the 'OR's shoulder title looked like post 1914.

Many thanks

I agree with the previous poster and there is clear evidence that the two part title shown was used.

post-599-0-63082900-1309770484.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the previous poster and there is clear evidence that the two part title shown was used.

This page from the "Niell's Blue Caps," Vol 2. might help

This page from the "Niell's Blue Caps," Vol 2. might help

I tried to attach a copy of page 232 from Neill's Blue Caps, VOL2, both as a bmp and as a jpeg but neither one attached. It shows Full Dress Busby Grenades, Tunic Grenades and the shoulder badge which is D_F seperated by a grenade which seems to have the Elephant and Tiger embossed.