Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Map CDroms at IWM shop

Kate Wills

I contacted the Imperial War Museum last week to ask them if they could procure a copy of the Official History - Other Theatres map CD. I also repeated some of the observations mentioned on this Forum, such as the non-availability of items such as this. The lady I spoke with was in sympathy with us on the issues raised; so, she has ordered-in copies of each of the 3 map CDs (and placed them in a display cabinet away from sticky fingers) and is keeping duplicates under the counter until the 23 March, when they will be returned to the Mail Order Dept.

The under the counter stock has my name on it, so please mention that you saw this note on the Forum (indeed, singing the praises of the Forum in the IWM sounds like a good idea anyway). It might be advisable to give them a ring before visiting, just in case someone else gets there before you do.

Remember that Friends of the IWM get a sizable discount on all shop goods, and with these CDroms appearing apace, it may be worth joining for this facility alone.

Kate,

I have sung the praises of the Friends of the IWM organisation before - and the big discount on books and CD Roms is certainly the iceing on the cake.

Strange that they do not display the full range of the CD Roms that the IWM has been instrumental in publishing. Good work to get them to put them out on display.