Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Unknown British? badge

pittorf

:( I have a badge in my possession which I was told was issued to "The Jewish Regiment." The only reference I can find to this organization is in Edwards' Regimental Badges, and that is not it.

It is blackened brass and stamped, about a 1.5 inch circle with a Kings Crown on top. The outer part of the badge is wreathed in a circle of leaves (laurel?) The center of the badge is a circle about one inch in diameter with a Star of David in the middle.

The back attachment is a slider soldered to the back of the crown.

There are no other identification marks or makers marks to be found.

I think it could be a very early issue of the "Jewish Battalion: pre or very close to the start of WWII.

I am a British Forces badge collector and any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's a Jewish chaplains badge of the WW2 era and beyond.

Dave.

:( I have a badge in my possession which I was told was issued to "The Jewish Regiment." The only reference I can find to this organization is in Edwards' Regimental Badges, and that is not it.

It is blackened brass and stamped, about a 1.5 inch circle with a Kings Crown on top. The outer part of the badge is wreathed in a circle of leaves (laurel?) The center of the badge is a circle about one inch in diameter with a Star of David in the middle.

The back attachment is a slider soldered to the back of the crown.

There are no other identification marks or makers marks to be found.

I think it could be a very early issue of the "Jewish Battalion: pre or very close to the start of WWII.

I am a British Forces badge collector and any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Jewish Battalion Badge of which you speak is a Menorah~ 7 Branch Candlestick with Ribands beneath in Hebrew,The badge you have is the Rabbi Chaplains Badge,WW2 era

Thanks for the info, but.....

My badge is not voided. It is solid and the Star Of David does not have any device in the center of it.

Yes, I did post another request on 12 July using the name DrB because I lost the info on access to this forum and had to go back to Start.

Sorry for the inconvience.

Thanks, much thanks to Phil B for the ID. It is a Jewish Chaplain's badge of 1940

DrB (or pittorf) :D